Ham Steak over Greens with Apple-Cider Sauce
Look for bags of prewashed chopped mustard greens in your grocer's produce section. The sweetness of apple cider complements the peppery flavor of the mustard greens.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 425mg
- Calcium: 134mg
- 1 pound lean ham steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package chopped mustard greens (such as Glory), divided
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add ham steak. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- 2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add half of mustard greens; cover and cook 2 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add remaining greens and 1/2 cup cider. Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 3. While greens cook, bring remaining 1 cup cider to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 1 teaspoon butter.
- 4. Divide wilted greens evenly among 4 plates. Cut ham steak into 4 pieces, and place over greens. Drizzle cider sauce over ham and greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note