Ham Steak over Greens with Apple-Cider Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 425mg
- Calcium: 134mg
- 1 pound lean ham steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package chopped mustard greens (such as Glory), divided
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add ham steak. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- 2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add half of mustard greens; cover and cook 2 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add remaining greens and 1/2 cup cider. Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 3. While greens cook, bring remaining 1 cup cider to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 1 teaspoon butter.
- 4. Divide wilted greens evenly among 4 plates. Cut ham steak into 4 pieces, and place over greens. Drizzle cider sauce over ham and greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note