Ham Steak with Chipotle-Mustard Sauce
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 0.0g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Sodium: 2622mg
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, split open, seeds removed, pepper finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons white wine or cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Using a sharp paring knife, score ham on one side to prevent curling. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. In a skillet large enough to hold ham flat, warm oil over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook until lightly browned and heated through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 3. Combine mustard, mayonnaise, chipotle and vinegar in a small bowl. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve ham warm with sauce on the side.
This recipe was previously published in All You, Back to School Special, July 2013.
Also featured in: Back to School Special, All You, July 2013
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note