- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 1/2 cups ground smoked ham
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add 2 cups milk; cook sauce over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Gradually stir one-fourth hot white sauce into yolks; add to remaining white sauce, stirring constantly. Stir in breadcrumbs, ground ham, and pepper.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff but not dry. Gently fold into ham mixture. Spoon into a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish. Bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This