Ham and Potato Chip Tortilla
Photo: Chris Court
Adding jalapeño potato chips to a simple egg tortilla (a Spanish omelet) gives it a salty, spicy zing. Serve extra chips on the side.
More From Food & Wine
- 12 (large) eggs
- 1 bag (5 ounces) jalapeño potato chips, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound ham steak, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 (large) scallions, sliced
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the potato chips and mash to break them up.
- In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the diced ham and sliced scallions and cook over high heat for 1 minute. Add the eggs and cook until set on the bottom and side, about 3 minutes. Broil the tortilla for about 2 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and the eggs are set. Slide the tortilla onto a plate, cut into wedges and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch