Ham, Pepper and Onion Calzones
Weight Watchers recipe.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper (or other color) medium, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper (or other color) meduim, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 4 ounce(s) cooked, lean ham deli-thin sliced, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 pound(s) pizza dough refrigerated or thawed
- 1 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the onion, bell peppers, garlic and oregano.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in the ham and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and divide it in half. Stretch or roll each dough half into a 10-inch circle.
- Spread half of the ham mixture over one-half of each circle, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with each with half the cheese.
- Fold the dough over, making a half circle, and firmly pinch the edges together to seal (a fork works well).
- Using a spatula, transfer the calzones to the baking sheet. Bake until tops are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes, then cut each in half, to make 4 portions.
- NOTE: I divide the dough into 4 portions and put 1/4 of the ham mixture and cheese in each, and make a calzone per serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by anamazingduck and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ham, Pepper and Onion Calzones Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes