I made this for a large brunch gathering and it was a real hit. I served it with fresh fruit and yogurt with granola. There were quite a few requests for the recipe. Also I liked that I could put it together the night before. I did add extra cheese on top. It makes an easy dinner too.
Ham 'n' Cheese Omelet Bake
- 1 (10-oz.) box Green Giant® Frozen Broccoli & Cheese Flavored Sauce
- 1 (10.2-oz.) can (5 biscuits) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers Refrigerated Original Biscuits
- 10 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (4.5-oz.) jar Green Giant® Sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Cut small slit in center of broccoli and cheese sauce pouch. Microwave on High for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating pouch 1/4 turn once halfway through microwaving. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, spray bottom only of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces; arrange evenly in sprayed dish.
3. In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in ham, onion, both cheeses, mushrooms and cooked broccoli and cheese sauce. Pour mixture over biscuit pieces in dish. Press down with back of spoon, making sure all biscuit pieces are covered with egg mixture.
4. Bake at 350°F. for 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):
Bake at 375°F for 40 to 50 minutes.
1/8 of Recipe: Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 12g); Cholesterol 320mg; Sodium 1360mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 10g); Protein 30g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 35%; Iron 15% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 3 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch