- 2 slices bacon
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ground, cooked ham
- 1 cup cooked regular rice
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a medium skillet over low heat until crisp. Remove bacon and reserve for use in another recipe; reserve drippings in skillet.
Sauté onion and garlic in bacon drippings until tender. Add tomatoes, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ham and rice; stir well. Spoon into a lightly greased 1-quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.