Ham, Gruyère and Spinach Strata
Whip up Ham, Gruyère and Spinach Strata for a filling breakfast or brunch dish. It's a great dish for using leftover holiday ham.
More From Allyou
Chill: 2 Hours
- Calories: 458
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 305mg
- Sodium: 879mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely diced (about 2 cups)
- 10 ounce frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup coarsely shredded Gruyère
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 cups cubed Italian bread (1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion 6 minutes. Stir in spinach; remove from heat. In a bowl, whisk remaining ingredients through nutmeg.
- 2. Rub a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with garlic; discard. Spread bread in dish; top with onion mixture and ham. Add milk mixture. Press into bread. Cover with foil; chill 2 hours or overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake, covered, until set, about 30 minutes. Uncover, scatter with rest of cheese; bake 10 minutes. Move rack to highest position; preheat broiler to high. Broil until golden, about 3 minutes. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note