Ham, Gruyère, and Onion Stuffing
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Lindsey Lower
Ham, Gruyère, and Onion Stuffing brings a hearty dose of comfort food to an already-classic side dish.
Yield: Serves 12
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Sodium: 296mg
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces toasted sourdough bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 ounces finely chopped lower-sodium ham (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 ounces diced Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine chicken stock and eggs. Add toasted sourdough bread cubes.
- 2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; swirl. Sauté onion for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Add onion, ham, Gruyère cheese, and parsley to bread mixture.
- 3. Bake stuffing at 350° for 45 minutes in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note