- 4 ounces country ham, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bunch fresh collard greens (about 1 1/2 lb.), washed, trimmed, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1 (8-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
How to Make It
Cook ham in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Reserve drippings in skillet. Add greens and remaining oil to hot drippings in skillet; cook, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add butter and red pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, 45 seconds. Stir in ham. Add salt and pepper to taste; transfer to a bowl.
Stir together half-and-half and goat cheese until smooth. Stir in half of greens mixture. Reserve remaining half of greens mixture.
Spread about 1 Tbsp. goat cheese mixture onto each Crostini. Top each with 1 tsp. reserved greens mixture.
Make-Ahead Tip: Refrigerate cooked greens up to 2 days.