Meh. It will do in a pinch but not great.
Ham Fried Rice
More From Southern Living
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 1/2 cups cooked rice*
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Cook bacon slices in a large skillet or wok at medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon slices, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Add chopped ham to hot drippings in skillet, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until ham is lightly browned. Add bell pepper and next 5 ingredients, and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add rice, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Push rice mixture to sides of skillet, forming a well in center. Pour eggs into well, and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. Stir rice mixture into eggs; stir in soy sauce and crumbled bacon. Spoon into serving bowls.
- *2 (3.5-ounce) bags quick-cooking long-grain rice, cooked, may be substituted for leftover rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This