This was so delicious -- perfect for a summer lunch or light dinner with a salad. My son-in-law said it was as good as anything he'd had in a restaurant. The only changes I made were to use roasted red peppers instead of raw, because some of us can't eat raw pepper, and to use ciabatta instead of sourdough. The fontina was so rich and creamy!
Ham-and-Fontina Sourdough Sandwiches
Bring life back into your lunch with Ham-and-Fontina Sourdough Sandwiches. Deli ham gets dressed up with a pesto-mayonnaise mixture, fontina cheese, and basil leaves.
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons jarred refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 sourdough bakery bread slices
- 16 Fontina cheese slices (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 16 thin deli ham slices (about 1/2 lb.)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients.
- 2. Spread 1 side of each bread slice generously with mayonnaise mixture. Layer cheese, bell pepper strips, ham, basil, and lettuce on half of bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise mixture sides down. Cut sandwiches in half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note