I served this in a picnic lunch to my book club, it was wonderful! I used a hard crust flat bread, and used havarti thin sliced cheese since fontina can't be sliced thinly. The pesto mayonnaise made it! Everyone asked for the recipe....
Ham-and-Fontina Sourdough Sandwiches
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Vanessa McNeil Rocchio
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons jarred refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 sourdough bakery bread slices
- 16 Fontina cheese slices (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 16 thin deli ham slices (about 1/2 lb.)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients.
- 2. Spread 1 side of each bread slice generously with mayonnaise mixture. Layer cheese, bell pepper strips, ham, basil, and lettuce on half of bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise mixture sides down. Cut sandwiches in half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches