- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons jarred refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 sourdough bakery bread slices
- 16 Fontina cheese slices (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 16 thin deli ham slices (about 1/2 lb.)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
How to Make It
Stir together first 3 ingredients.
Spread 1 side of each bread slice generously with mayonnaise mixture. Layer cheese, bell pepper strips, ham, basil, and lettuce on half of bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise mixture sides down. Cut sandwiches in half.