- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 English muffins, halved and toasted
- 12 slices baked ham
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 hard-cooked egg, grated
- Pimiento strips
How to Make It
Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet 3 minutes; add artichokes, and sauté an additional 3 minutes. Transfer mushrooms and artichokes to a small bowl.
Melt remaining butter in skillet; add flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in mushrooms and artichokes. Add salt and pepper; mix well. Set aside; keep warm.
Arrange toasted muffin halves on a serving platter; place 1 ham slice on each muffin half. Spoon sauce over each ham slice. Garnish each serving with egg slices, grated egg, and pimiento strips. Serve warm.