Pretty good way to use up eggs from Easter, but probably too many calories for regular use. I lightened some by using reduced fat cheddar, reduced fat biscuits and almost fat free cream of chicken soup. Served with steamed broccoli and carrots with honey, orange peel and parsley. Everyone enjoyed. I actually used 7 eggs instead of 5 which was fine. The portions look small when you put the casserole in the oven - but once you put it over the biscuits, it is pretty substantial.
Ham & Egg Casserole
Cubes of ham are combined with a creamy cheese sauce and served over hot baked biscuits for a welcoming meal any time of day.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 5 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 10 3/4-oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 12-oz. tube refrigerated biscuits, baked
- Pepper to taste
- Combine onion powder, eggs, soup, milk and cheese in a medium mixing bowl; blend well. Place mixture in a greased 8"x8" baking pan. Spread ham evenly over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve over biscuits; sprinkle lightly with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note