For all sandwiches, pittas and toasts I have a great tip. Cut a tomato in half and rub it on the bread, then use jamon iberico de bellota rather than standard ham or parma. Jamon iberico âthe Spanish name- is also called iberico ham or black hoof. Iberico is really excellent and much more tasty than other hams. You can buy your jamon iberico at BuyJamon.com <a href="http://BuyJamon.com/"> BuyJamon.com the market place for iberico ham.</a>
Ham and Cheese Toasted Sandwich
This quick and tasty ham and cheese toasted sandwich packs nutrition for breakfast or lunch. For Nunes, this would equal two ounces whole grains, one ounce meat, about 70 discretionary calories (from the cream cheese and cheddar cheese), and about 1/3 cup of her dairy servings.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 28.6g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 859mg
- Calcium: 174mg
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) tub light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces low-fat deli ham
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato (about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl; stir well.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture over each of 4 bread slices. Top each with 1 ounce ham, 2 tomato slices, and 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese. Place sandwich halves and remaining 4 slices bread on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned. Top each sandwich half with remaining bread slice. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note