Easier than it sounds, and very tasty.
Ham and Cheese Chicken
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 37.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.5g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 259mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce very thinly sliced lean cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon reduced-fat garlic-flavored cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place one-fourth of ham on each chicken breast half. Spread cream cheese evenly over ham. Roll up chicken, starting with short end and tucking ends under. Secure with wooden picks.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken rolls in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place, seam sides down, in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine margarine and lemon juice; drizzle over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until tender. To serve, remove wooden picks, and slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This