Easy to make and easily portable for breakfast on the go. I forgot to toast the English muffins the first time I made these, and they were still good. Also couldn't find mango chutney at the grocery store, so I used strawberry-mango jam--delicious!
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich with Mango Chutney
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
This sandwich packs protein from egg and soy ham, calcium from cheese, and fiber and B vitamins from the whole-grain muffin. If you can't find soy ham, use Canadian bacon or ham.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 228mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 865mg
- Calcium: 380mg
- Cooking spray
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices soy ham (such as Lightlife) or Canadian bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 4 whole-grain English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 teaspoons mango chutney
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add ham; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium; recoat pan with cooking spray. Break eggs into hot pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place muffin halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Spread 2 teaspoons chutney over bottom half of each muffin; top with 2 ham slices, 1 egg, and 1 tablespoon cheese. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over top half of each muffin. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until bubbly. Place top halves of muffins over the bottom halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note