- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Puritan Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 4 cups frozen shredded potatoes OR 4 Idaho or russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound baked ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa, heated
How to Make It
HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch casserole with no-stick cooking spray.
HEAT oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
COOK 8 minutes or until almost brown. Add ham. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Turn occasionally with spatula.
BLEND eggs with milk, Italian seasoning and remaining 1 teaspoon salt while potatoes are cooking. Place the potatoes into prepared casserole. Stir the eggs into the potatoes.
BAKE, covered with foil, 15 minutes.
REMOVE from oven. Sprinkle with cheese; return to oven.
BAKE an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Increase heat to broil and continue to cook about 2 minutes, or until top is nicely browned. Allow to cool 10 minutes before cutting into 8 squares. Serve topped with heated salsa.