Ham and Cheddar Potato Skins
We took this traditionally high-fat nibble and gave it a CarbLovers makeover. Using smaller potatoes keeps these bites portion-controlled.
More From Health
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: .2g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Sugars: 2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 279mg
- 6 small potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 2 ounces sliced deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Bake potatoes on baking sheet 25-30 minutes or until tender; set aside to cool. Preheat broiler with rack in highest position.
- 3. Halve cooked potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch border; transfer potato flesh (about 2 cups) to a bowl. Mash potato with sour cream and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt an pepper. Fold in scallions whites and ham; spoon filling into potato shells.
- 4. Arrange filled potato skins on a baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spinkle with scallion greens before serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note