My husband LOVED this dish. It was very easy to make. It also freezes well.
This easy ham casserole is a great way to use up leftover cooked ham.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook rice and chicken bouillon cubes according to rice directions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add ham, onion, and bell pepper, and sauté until tender. Stir in rice.
- Combine soup and next 3 ingredients; add to skillet. Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds, and bake 5 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This