We thought this was really good but I made one change. I did add 1/2 cup of sautéed onion at the same time I added the peas. I believe it made a big difference. Will make this again. Also thinking some carrot might be good in this dish.
Ham and Brown Rice Casserole
Instant brown rice is the key for getting Ham and Brown Rice Casserole to the table in less than 30 minutes.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Sodium: 966mg
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1. In a skillet, combine broth, ham and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice and season with pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in peas and cook until rice is tender and peas are hot, about 7 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This