We thought this was really good but I made one change. I did add 1/2 cup of sautéed onion at the same time I added the peas. I believe it made a big difference. Will make this again. Also thinking some carrot might be good in this dish.
Ham and Brown Rice Casserole
Photo: Andrew McCaul; Styling: Gerri Williams
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Sodium: 966mg
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1. In a skillet, combine broth, ham and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice and season with pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in peas and cook until rice is tender and peas are hot, about 7 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes