- 1 pound diced ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Process ham in a food processor until coarsely ground; add pork and next 5 ingredients, and pulse to combine. Cover and chill 1 hour. Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Cook balls, in batches, in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, adding oil as needed. Place in lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup water, and next 2 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook about 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour sauce over balls.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers