Way yummy! Made it exactly tro the recipe, but agree with other posters that it needs an extra egg and half and half to fill the pan. Good for brunch or dinner. Hysband loved it, too. Definitely one to make again for us!
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Beth Dreiling; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Cool: 20 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (about 4 onions)
- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked pie shell
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Garnishes: fresh basil sprigs, tomato slices
- 1. Sauté ham and green onions in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until ham is brown and any liquid evaporates.
- 2. Brush bottom of pie shell evenly with mustard; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon ham mixture evenly over cheese, and top with single layer of sliced tomatoes.
- 3. Beat egg and half-and-half with a fork until blended; pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly with basil, pepper, and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 4. Bake on lowest oven rack at 425° for 20 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This