I split one big russet between my husband and myself. This is very tasty and so easy. Added butter when eating as they were a little dry - didn't put in enough sour cream. A definite repeat.
Piled high with ham, cheese, and sour cream, this filling dish makes for an easy weeknight supper when paired with a salad. Using a microwave to cook the potatoes first saves more than an hour of baking time.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 376
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 20.1g
- Carbohydrate: 47.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Calcium: 359mg
- 4 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup diced 33%-less-sodium ham (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at high 16 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Combine potato pulp, ham, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/3 cup green onions, sour cream, and pepper.
- Spoon the potato mixture into shells. Combine 1/2 cup cheese and remaining green onions, and sprinkle over potatoes. Place potatoes on a baking sheet; broil 4 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note