Ham-and-Swiss Cheese Biscuits
Yield: Makes 14 (2-inch) biscuits
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped ham
- 2/3 cup finely chopped Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- Cut shortening into flour with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly; stir in ham and Swiss cheese. Add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 475° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads