Ham and Roasted Pear Crostini
Though these small bites are perfectly tasty made with an ordinary French baguette, choose a whole wheat or seeded one for a bit more flavor. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2632.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 baguette (or 1 demi-baguette), cut into 24 slices
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 2 ripe but firm Bosc pears, halved, cored and cut into 24 wedges
- 1 cup(s) lightly packed parsley leaves
- 3/4 pound(s) leftover spiral-sliced ham (or another flavorful ham), cut into bite-sized pieces and warmed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush baguette slices all over with oil, season with salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake, flipping halfway through, until just crisp, 5 to 7 minutes; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper to make a dressing. Toss pears in half the dressing and arrange in a single layer on a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast, flipping pears halfway through, until tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Toss parsley with remaining dressing. Top each crostini with a piece of ham and then a wedge of pear and few leaves of parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note