Ham and Macaroni
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup(s) diced cooked ham
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cup(s) shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 3 cup(s) uncooked macaroni
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; saute onion and ham until onion is soft.
- 2. Add flour and cook, stirring until well mixed.
- 3. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly, until mixture starts to thicken.
- 4. Add mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 5. Stir in cheddar cheese until just melted.
- 6.While making sauce, cook macaroni in a separate pot, until tender but firm.
- 7. Drain and put back into pot.
- 8.Combine with sauce, then pour into a 2 litre baking dish or casserole dish. Place in a heated oven 350(F) for 5-10 minutes, then serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note