Great dish not hard to prepare. Was a hit at the family on Christmas morning. Will definitely make again.
Ham-and-Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
This hash brown breakfast casserole is a delicious option for breakfast or brunch. Serve with fresh fruit and a tall stack of pancakes.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- 8 bacon slices
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package diced ham
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until very crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Add onion to reserved drippings; cook over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until tender and golden. Reduce heat to medium-low, and swirl in butter until melted; remove pan from heat.
- Squeeze excess moisture from potatoes. Stir in potatoes, soup, and remaining ingredients. Spoon into a greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Bake 15 more minutes or until browned on top. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Make breakfast a breeze by preparing this casserole the day before. Simply spoon potato mixture into a dish, cover, and chill overnight. Next morning, place casserole directly into the oven, and add 15 minutes to the initial bake time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note