- 8 bacon slices
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package diced ham
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until very crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside.
Add onion to reserved drippings; cook over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until tender and golden. Reduce heat to medium-low, and swirl in butter until melted; remove pan from heat.
Squeeze excess moisture from potatoes. Stir in potatoes, soup, and remaining ingredients. Spoon into a greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Bake 15 more minutes or until browned on top. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Make breakfast a breeze by preparing this casserole the day before. Simply spoon potato mixture into a dish, cover, and chill overnight. Next morning, place casserole directly into the oven, and add 15 minutes to the initial bake time.