To the person that asked what seasoning blend is: It's a frozen mix of diced onions, celery, red peppers, green peppers and parsley.
Ham-and-Greens Pot Pie with Cornbread Crust
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 4 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen chopped collard greens
- 1 (16-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Cornbread Crust Batter
- Pimiento-Cheese Corn Sticks (optional)
- Sauté ham in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add chicken broth, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until broth begins to thicken.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and add seasoning blend and collard greens; return to a boil, and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes. Stir in black-eyed peas and crushed red pepper; spoon hot mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour Cornbread Crust Batter evenly over hot filling mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and set. Top with Pimiento-Cheese Corn Sticks, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McKenzie's Seasoning Blend.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles