Ham and Eggs Mornay
- 1 10oz. package(s) frozen pkg. puff pastry shells
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 dash(es) milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) diced cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) white vinegar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- Melt 3 T. butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, and whisk in flour in until smooth. Cook butter mixture, whisking constantly, 1 min. Gradually add milk,cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Beat 2 egg yolks until thick and pale. Gradually whisk one-fourth hot milk mixture into holks: add to remaining hot milk mixture, whisking constantly. Add remaining 3 T. butter: Cook, whisking constantly, 2-3 min. or until thickened. Add cheeses, stirring until melted. Remove from heat; stir in ham, salt, and pepper.
- Poach eggs-4/2-5 min.
- SPOON about 2 T. sauce into each shell or on top of toasted english muffin, top with poached egg, top each with more sauce and sprinkle with paprika.
- Microwave poached eggs.
- Place 2T. water in each of 6 (6oz.)custard cups;add 1/4 t. vinegar to each. Microwave at high3-4 min.or until water is boiling. Break 1 egg into each cup, and lightly pierce egg yolk with a wooden pick. Cover custard cups with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and space cups evenly on microwave-safe platter. Microwave eggs at Med-high (70%) power for 3-31/2 min or until most of egg white is opaque. Let stand 2-3 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarthaMason and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ham and Eggs Mornay Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch