- 2 hard-cooked eggs, shelled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped lean ham
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Cut eggs in half (either way); remove yolks, and reserve them for another use. (You can crumble yolks and sprinkle on a green salad or mix into macaroni or potato salad).
In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ham, and ground pepper.
Use fingers to shape about 2 teaspoons of the ham-and-cheese mixture into a small ball, and press it into the yolk cavity of the egg white. Repeat the same process with remaining egg-white halves and ham-and-cheese mixture.
Pack 2 halves in a lidded plastic container or paper cup covered with foil; add them and an ice pack to lunch box or bag.
How kids can help: Remove yolks; mix ingredients; shape the mixture into balls and press them into the egg whites.