I thought this was a great favor combo and super simple to make. I would suggest cutting everything into thinner layers and stack - apple first, then watercress, then ham, then cheese - and serve that way. They fall apart too easily on the toothpicks/skewers. I also used arugala because of availability and it turned out great.
Thread blue cheese wedges, apple slices, cubes of deli ham, and fresh watercress leaves onto wooden skewers for a super fast, super easy appetizer.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 pound (3/4-inch-thick) sliced smoked Virginia deli ham
- 1 (5-oz.) blue cheese wedge
- 1 large Gala apple, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh watercress
- 60 (4-inch) wood or metal skewers
- 1. Cut ham into 3/4-inch cubes. Carefully break cheese into 60 small pieces. Cut apple slices into thirds.
- 2. Thread cheese, apple, watercress leaves, and ham onto skewers. Stand skewers upright, ham ends down, on a serving plate.
Assemble up to one hour ahead, cover with damp paper towels, and chill. Serve coarse-grain mustard or chutney alongside the skewers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers