Havarti, a creamy, buttery-flavored cheese, is a nice update to this traditional omelet.
Yield: Makes 2 omelets
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup chopped smoked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 4 (1-ounce) Swiss cheese slices
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, rotating pan to coat bottom evenly.
- Add half of egg mixture to skillet. As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Cook 3 minutes or until almost set. Flip omelet over.
- Sprinkle 1 side of omelet with half each of ham and cheeses. Fold in half. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. To make next omelet, repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon butter, egg mixture, ham, and cheeses. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch