1 cup half-and-half ? what is " 1 cup half-and-half " ??
Ham-and-Cheese Croissant Casserole
Croissants take the place of cubed white bread in this stylish update of a traditional breakfast casserole. You can use leftover baked ham for chopped ham in this dish. Nutmeg is optional, but adds a subtle touch of spice.
More From Southern Living
Total: 9 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 3 (5-inch) large croissants
- 1 (8-oz.) package chopped cooked ham
- 1 (5-oz.) package shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1. Cut croissants in half lengthwise, and cut each half into 4 to 5 pieces. Place croissant pieces in a lightly greased 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Top with ham and cheese.
- 2. Whisk together eggs, next 5 ingredients, and, if desired, nutmeg in a large bowl.
- 3. Pour egg mixture over mixture in pie plate, pressing croissants down to submerge in egg mixture. Cover tightly, and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 4. Preheat oven to 325°. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This