Delicious, hearty and easy to prepare.
More From Southern Living
Soak: 8 Hours
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried great Northern beans
- 3 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ham bone
- 2 (32-ounce) containers chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Cornbread Croutons
- Sort and wash beans. Place beans in a 6-quart Dutch oven; add water 2 inches above beans, and soak 8 hours. Drain.
- Sauté ham, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add beans, ham bone, chicken broth, and red pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender and soup has thickened. Serve with Cornbread Croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes