Halloween Snack Mix
Family, friends and coworkers will enjoy "goblin" up this yummy snack mix. Great for Halloween parties and other fall gatherings. Honey-roasted peanuts can be used in place of the cashews pieces. Any bite-size crispy cereal will work, such as any unglazed Chex or Crispix. Recipe from Gooseberry Patch: October, 2012.
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 2 cup(s) Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cup(s) Corn Chex cereal
- 4 cup(s) popped kettle corn
- 1 cup(s) raw cashew pieces
- 1 cup(s) salted-roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 6 tablespoon(s) brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup(s) candy corn and/or candy pumpkins
- In a 4-quart microwave-safe bowl, mix together cereal, popcorn, cashews and pumpkin seeds; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Microwave, uncovered on high setting for about 2 minutes, until mixture is boiling; stir after one minute. Stir in spice. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. Microwave 5 minutes, stirring after every minute. Spread on wax paper. Let cool for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up any large pieces. Add candy and toss to mix. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note