These are adorable little cookies. Cookies go fast in my house so the size of these cookies make them last a little longer. I'll have to play around with the size to make a little thicker cookie next time-mine turned out a little on the hard side.
Halloween Cookie Bites
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Bake: 7 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Yellow food coloring
- Red food coloring
- 1. Beat butter and sugar together at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Combine flour, salt, and lemon zest; gradually stir into butter mixture.
- 2. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces (about 1 1/4 cups each); tint 1 piece with yellow food coloring. Tint another piece orange using red and yellow food coloring. (Add 1 to 2 teaspoons flour to orange dough if food coloring makes it softer than other colors.)
- 3. Place white, untinted dough in bottom of a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan, pressing down. Top with orange dough and then yellow, pressing down. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- 4. Turn dough out onto work surface. Cut slices 3/8-inch thick from dough; cut each slice into 6 triangles. Place cookies on parchment paper–or aluminum foil–lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set but not browned. Cool on wire rack 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts