Hallowed Eve Cheese Pumpkin
Don't just settle for a typical appetizer. Mix things up this Halloween and serve this hauntingly-good cheese pumpkin masterpiece to your party guests.
- 2 8-oz. pkgs. shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounce container chive and onion cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 stalk broccoli, top removed
- Garnish: finely chopped parsley, seeds such as poppy, sesame and fennel
- assorted crackers
- Combine all ingredients except broccoli and crackers. Shape mixture to resemble a pumpkin. Trim broccoli stalk, if needed, and press lightly into the top of the pumpkin for a stem. Use a knife to make vertical lines down the sides of the cheese ball. Press seeds into the side of the pumpkin for texture. Serve with crackers.
Presenting the food is just as much fun as making it! When making your cheese ball pumpkin, set it on a pedestal plate and tuck fall leaves under the plate for an autumnal look.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note