Halibut with Zahtar and Mint Couscous
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 549
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Protein: 45g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 135mg
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- 3/4 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned halibut (1 in. thick)
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine dried cherries, oregano, cumin, paprika, oil, and lemon juice. Whirl until pureed, scraping container sides as necessary. Add salt to taste.
- 2. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan, combine couscous and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, remove pan from heat, and let stand until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- 3. Meanwhile, rinse halibut, pat dry, and coat with cherry mixture. Set each piece of halibut on a slightly larger piece of foil. Cut foil to fit fish.
- 4. Set foil with fish on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Cover barbecue with lid (open vents for charcoal), and cook until fish is opaque but moist-looking in thickest part (cut to test), 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5. Stir chopped cucumber and chopped mint into couscous; spoon onto plates. Cut grilled halibut into equal portions and set onto couscous. Season to taste with salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This