Halibut with White Beans in Tomato-Rosemary Broth from Eating Well
Beans absorb some of the delicious broth. For a special dinner, serve in shallow rimmed bowls, and garnish with fresh rosemary. Add a simple salad of arugula with a light vinaigrette; top with shaved Asiago.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 (6 oz) halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 cup(s) chopped plum tomato (about 4)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 (16 oz) can(s) cannellini beans rinsed & drained
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; keep warm. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in plum tomatoes, broth, wine and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in rosemary. Serve immediately.
- CALORIES: 299 FAT: 7.9g (sat:1.1g, mono:3.8g, poly:2g) PROTEIN: 39.8g
- CARB: 14.9g FIBER: 4g CHOL: 5.4mg IRON: 3.2mg SODIUM: 535mg
- CALC: 117mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Halibut with White Beans in Tomato-Rosemary Broth from Eating Well Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes