I only made the fish in this recipe. I really wanted to like this but thought it was missing a little something. The horseradish didn't seem to give it enough zing, maybe adding a little more or something like lemon juice/mustard would help to bring out a little more flavor...
Halibut with Panko-Horseradish Crust and Warm Fingerling Potato Salad
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet, 1/4 salad, and 1/4 potatoes)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 243mg
- Calcium: 134mg
- 1 pound fingerling or new potatoes
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided, plus 4 wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (1-pound) fennel bulb, halved, cored, and thinly sliced with stalks reserved
- 1/4 of a small red onion, sliced (about 1/8 cup)
- 4 (5-ounce) halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1. Cover the potatoes with 2 inches water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain, halve, and transfer to a bowl. Immediately toss potatoes with mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. Toss fennel in a bowl with remaining 2 tablespoons juice, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, onion, and 2 tablespoons fennel fronds.
- 4. Rinse fish, and pat dry. Arrange in a single layer, skin side down, on a small shallow baking pan. Combine sour cream, horseradish, and garlic in a bowl. Spread evenly on top of fish, and top with panko. Roast fish 7 minutes or until tops are golden brown and fish is just cooked through.
- 5. Divide potatoes among 4 serving plates with fennel salad, fish, and lemon wedges. Garnish with fennel fronds; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes