This has such a nice flavor. You just wouldn't expect it to be this good.
Halibut with Lentils and Mustard Sauce
Photo: Miha Matei
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 529
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 54g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Sugars: 6g
- Fiber: 11g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 691mg
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups green lentils, rinsed (1/2 pound)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce pieces halibut fillet
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 chopped fresh tarragon
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the garlic and sweet potato and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broth and lentils and simmer, covered, until the lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, wine, and tarragon. Drizzle over the fish and lentils.
Tip: Tossed with the mustard sauce, the lentils make a delicious side dish for sausage, pork, or lamb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This