Halibut with Leeks from Cooking Light
Raisins and vinegar lend sweet-tart appeal to a dish inspired by a classic Italian approach.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cup(s) leeks sliced 1/2" thick, about 4 medium
- 3/4 cup(s) golden raisins
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) tarragon vinegar
- 4 (6oz) halibut fillets
- cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add leeks and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to pan; cover and cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 3/4 cup water to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes, or until leeks are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in raisins, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper; keep warm. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve fish with leek mixture.
- CALORIES: 453 FAT: 14.6g (sat:2.1g, mono:8.7g, poly:2.6g) PROTEIN: 38.5g
- CARB: 43.8g FIBER: 3.7g CHOL: 54mg IRON: 4.9mg SODIM: 603mg
- CALC: 177mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Halibut with Leeks from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes