This was fabulous! I sub'd cilantro for the parsley. It was great!
Halibut with Cumin-Pepper Curry
Cooking the spice paste briefly before adding liquid deepens the flavor of the sauce. Serve this dish over basmati rice.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/4 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37.8g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 597mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, stirring until well blended.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ginger mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and juice; simmer 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and salt. Add fish to pan; cook 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until the desired degree of doneness. Garnish with the chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This