I personally didn't like this at all. The fish sauce was a really prominent flavor in this dish and I even reduced it. I've had fish sauce in dishes before without having its flavor take over the dish. The rest of my family enjoyed it though. I made it with haddock instead of halibut because it wasn't in season. Easy and fast to make though. The fish also fell apart easily when cooked.
Halibut with Coconut-Red Curry Sauce
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Serve this Thai-inspired halibut dish for a quick and easy dinner in minutes. Soak up the delectable coconut-red curry sauce with a side of seasoned rice and bok choy.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and about 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37.1g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 475mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion, green onions, and ginger; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and the next 4 ingredients (through coriander). Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in basil and juice.
- Seasoned rice with bok choy: Combine 1 1/2 cups water and 3/4 cup basmati rice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes. Stir in 2 cups chopped baby bok choy; cover and cook 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil; stir into rice mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note