Awesome and simple dish. I used 1 pink grapefruit instead of oranges. I highly recommend that substitution. Very fresh with the fish.
Halibut with Citrus-Fennel Relish
Farm-inspired menus are a specialty of City Catering Company in Seattle. This dish takes advantage of fresh produce, as well as halibut, which is in season this time of year. You can use all orange or a combination of orange and grapefruit. Blood oranges would also make a lovely choice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 36.3g
- Carbohydrate: 12.9g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 543mg
- Calcium: 126mg
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 cups shaved fennel bulb (about 1/2 bulb)
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped orange sections (about 2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1. Sprinkle fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 2. Combine fennel, orange, fennel frond, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss gently. Serve with fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note