Halibut with Artichoke and Olive Caponata
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 whole(s) red onions chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 8 ounce(s) artichoke hearts
- 1 can(s) 14 1/2 oz diced tomatoes
- 10 whole(s) kalamata olives halved
- 3 tablespoon(s) raisins
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cap rinsed
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 4 whole(s) halibut
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley
- For the caponata: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the celery and artichoke hearts and cook until soft and the artichokes are lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, and raisins to the pan. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens, about 25 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, and capers and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- For the halibut: Place a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. (If not using a nonstick grill pan, lightly oil the pan before grilling the fish. The halibut can also be roasted for 10 to 12 minutes in a pre-heated 400 degrees F oven.)
- Drizzle the halibut on both sides with olive oil. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill until the flesh flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the halibut on a serving platter and top with the caponata. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ratman33 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Halibut with Artichoke and Olive Caponata Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes