Halibut, Sweet Potato, and Leek Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced leeks
- 4 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups fish, chicken, or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Garnish: sour cream
- Sauté halibut in 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Let cool slightly; break fish into bite-size chunks. Set aside.
- Sauté leeks in a Dutch oven in remaining 1 tablespoon butter 5 minutes or until leeks are soft. Add sweet potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor until smooth, and return to Dutch oven. Stir in basil, whipping cream, and halibut. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until hot. Season with salt and white pepper, and ladle soup into individual serving bowls. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note